Match the historical events and the time they took place
Extension – Create your own Dali clock
Above are pictures representing: The Battle of Britain, Waterloo and the Battle of Hastings
- Estimate how long ago each of the events took place
- Discuss with your friends when you believe each event took place
- Look up the correct dates and see how close you were
- Now estimate again how long ago each event took place
- Check using subtraction exactly how long ago
This painting is called the “Weeping Woman” by Picasso.
- How does Picasso convey the anguish and pain of the “Weeping Woman?”
- What are the main colours used within the painting and why might Picasso have used them?
- Estimate what percentage of the painting is yellow
- Estimate what percentage of the painting is red
- Estimate what percentage of the painting is green
- Estimate what percentage of the painting is blue
What religions are represented by the four symbols above?
Arrange the religions in order of how many followers you believe they have, from least to greatest
Research what the actual numbers of followers are for each religion and re-order
Extension: Choose one religion and consider where in the world it’s followers are concentrated. What other countries have a high proportion of that religion? What reasons can you give for the distribution of that religion?
This world religion map may help: World Religion Map
(1) What do the pictures represent?
(2) Put them in chronological order